Friday, November 17, 2006

Enhanced CSO cache system with WIFI support

Thanks to AhMan's new nethostfs modules, I added WIFI support to CSO cache system of my mod. Since AhMan prefer I bundle his modules after IRSELL 2.2SE public release, attached rar file only includes my modules and you have to be IRSHELL 2.2SE beta tester to get those modules. Please follow the readme.txt instructions and copy nethostfs.prx, nethostfs_dev.prx and netuser.prx from your IRSHELL 2.2SE beta package to "ms0:/dh/kd". Below is copy of readme.txt included in rar file.

Enhanced CSO cache system with WIFI support

I am just curious, how many you guys are actually using CSO cache system? I put a lot of effort to make it work but very few reponse/question regarding this particular feature. I hope this enhancement can improve its usefulness.

Now let's talk about the details:
(if you never used this feature please read the description in the mini-faq.txt file)

- Make sure you have installed my mod version 1.65c3
- Unrar and copy all files in folder "dh" to "ms0:/dh", overwrite old version files if needed.
- Copy nethostfs.exe in "pctool" (need cygwin1.dll from full package) to your PC folder contains your ISO/CSO files and run it.
- Edit "ms0:/dh/hostip.txt" to match IP address of your desktop PC.
- Please make sure you can use first network infrastruction connection setting to connect PSP to your desktop PC.
- Please re-copy you CSO cache file by using the new version Vshexmod 1.26a comes with this patch. Previous version of Vshexmod has bug and always copy incomplete CSO cache file.
- Run the cache CSO file from "ms0:/iso/cache" and make sure you put the original full version CSO file inside the desktop PC ISO folder.
- When you play the game and game data is missing from cache file the system will try to load game data from original CSO file in "ms0:/iso", then "usbhostfs0:/iso"(if USBFS is enabled) and lastly the "nethost0:/iso" by WIFI connection. The new game data will be appended to CSO cache file if the CSO Cache flag is enalbled. WIFI connection will be closed if idle for more than 20 seconds to conserve battery power.

* Please note the file reading speed by WIFI connection is slow so please be patient, currently I can get 100-120kbytes peak date rate and average is 60-80kbytes per sceond. I will try to improve the speed in future version.

* The core modules for WIFI connection(nethostfs.prx, nethostfs_dev.prx, netuser.prx and nethostfs.exe) were taken from IRSHELL by AhMan and have been enhanced from original souce code of daxdumper by DarkAleX. Emulated FW2.71 with HEN_C is needed for these modules.

13 Comments:

Blogger danknugz said...

hi!
this sounds great, ive used the usbhost connection before, but i just dont get this. what would be awesome is an all in one installer pack with all the devhook files and an automatic ip finder. im useing a router and i have the wifi on my laptop, but im not sure which one will be in use.

on a side note, you said that you were disapointed in the response you are getting , nobody posted comments, but man, what a pain in the ass to sign up with bloger, its taken 5 tries just to create an account!

5:52 AM  
Blogger Bootes said...

What exactly do I have to do to load CSO's wirelessly? I have nethosfs set up on my computer and I think everything is set up on the PSP correctly.

What do I do on the PSP to chose games?

Thanks. :)

3:37 PM  
Blogger Bootes said...

Hmm, sorry for the double post. I agree with danknugz about the sign up. ;)

3:38 PM  
Blogger Chunglam said...

You need to create initial CSO cache file manually, please read the CSO cache section in mini-faq.txt file comes with full version and make sure you have nethostfs modules for PSP from IRSHELL 2.2SE Beta version in "ms0:/dh/kd"

4:52 AM  
Blogger Chunglam said...

Hi aboo,
Thanks for your detail bug report. Since CSO cache function was implemented long time ago and very few reponse/question from my mod's user, it was not extensive test by me. When I was working on WIFI support, I use two previous working cache files(Dragon ball z and tekken) to test WIFI connection, so I don't have those problem you described. I will look into it and hopefully can fix it asap but right now I am quite busy with my work and my family so no promise. Anyway, thanks again for your detail bug report and sorry for the frustration when using this feature.

Regards,
Chunglam

3:53 AM  
Blogger Chunglam said...

No requirement to the devhook settings. As long as you can play the game, the cache system should be able to capture what game data is needed when you play through game. By the way , could you email me the *.idx in "ms0:/dh/thumbnail" for the game you are testing. It is same name as your original CSO file with .idx extension and also please provide the game disc id and size of CSO file.

6:22 AM  
Blogger lame said...

Hi,
i love that mod but it doesn't work for me (in the moment).
All the requirements are done and usbhost told me thet he have an connection but nothing happens also via original local file.
Will try more and give feedback.
I have posted also on qj forums but no response.

PSP 2.71se-b"
Great work Chunglam

12:59 PM  
Blogger lame said...

Hi,
what means, from your wifi readme, the sentence "The new game data will be appended to CSO cache file
if the CSO Cache flag is enalbled."
Which flag is that.
The "enable CSO cache" ??

Cheers

10:49 AM  
Blogger lame said...

Hi,
>>"CSO cache"->"Enable"
then i'm right !

Creating of the "small" cso works fine. But after this it stops. I have tested with all 3 different sources (file/wifi/usb) to get appending data but the file size never changes.
But i have seen the "wifi" led lighting (but nethostfs.exe is waiting) and i have seen usbhostfs writing "connected".
By the way Chunglam, which port uses the nethost part from the PSP. 7513 is the standard port of the nethostfs.exe.
Must the cso cache option (vshex menu) be enabled after creating of initial "small" cso ?

Nice weekend

11:35 AM  
Blogger flammingcowz said...

hey wheres the cso cache file system

its not in iso/cache O.o

11:19 AM  
Blogger flammingcowz said...

hey where is the cso cahe file system?

its not in iso/cache O.o

please email me

flammingcowz@gmail.com

11:19 AM  
Blogger flammingcowz said...

never mind i understand the cso cache system

do i have to copy the cso to my psp then create the cache file

or use usbhost to make the cache file

because i have 128mb mem stick and no usb chord so i was wondering if tehre was a different way...

12:28 PM  
Blogger Overo said...

CHUNGLAM: I noticed that, FOR ME, WI-FI chaching is working only if I switch off WEP encryption in my connection.
Without WEP it works fine!
My router-modem is a Zyxel 660HW-61.
I wonder if you can fix this because allowing not protected connetion with my router is not funny...lol..
by the way, I'd like to know if other people trying wi-fi caching are using also WEP or not...

Bye

Overo

2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home